Closets are a treasure trove of potential Halloween costumes. I'll dig into the depths of mine where all of our old clothes have gone to RIP and dig up about fifty costume ideas for the children in your family.
Hmm? Peeking into that mass of left over too small, too big, and too out dated clothing in the closet I am sure that there has to be at least a hundred ideas in there.
There are so many great spooky, funny, or ghoulish themes you can come up with for a costume, just scroll down to see at least 50 great ideas of what your child could be on Halloween. This article is here to help you figure out what your kids could be.
With a Work Shirt and a Ball Cap a Kid Could be...
1) A logger
2) A redneck (like Larry the cable guy).
3) A nerd
4) A famous baseball player.
5) A little kid just like me.
6) A tomboy.
7) A teen or a tennis player.
8) A mechanic (gotta wear a cap to keep the grease and oil outta the hair).
9) A plumber (kind of an icky job if you ask me).
10) A biker.
There are quite a few cool Halloween costume ideas you can make with an old plaid shirt and a baseball cap.
With Some Girly Stuff a Kid Could be...
11) A little old lady.
12) A waitress.
13) A teacher.
14) A pregnant lady
15) A nun
16) A little school girl (Don't forget the giant lollipop. Yummy).
17) A gypsy.
18) A princess or a fairy (maybe the tooth fairy, Tinkerbell, or Cinderella's fairy godmother).
19) A nurse.
20) A tango, ballet, rocker, or go go dancer.
There are all kinds of homemade costumes you could create with a scarf and an old dress.
It's Fun to Get a Little Wiggy on Halloween
This is How to Make a Home Made Yarn Wig
Black is Great Cause With it a Kid Can be Lots of Stuff
21) A witch or a warlock.
22) A vampire, the count Dracula, "bwaaaa ha ha!"
23) A dark wizard.
24) A Ninja.
25) A zombie.
26) A grave robber (oh heck you can be any kind of a robber when you wear black) don't forget the dark eye mask.
27) The Grim Reaper who is indeed one scary dude. Anybody that carries a sharp object of that size deserves some respect.
29) Batman or Cat woman.
30) Darth Vador
You can Easily Make a Cape From a Skirt, Shirt, or Dress
If you have an old skirt, dress, or nightie just slice it up the seam. Then cut it off at the arm area if it has an upper portion and sew up your newly cut edges with pretty little hems. Then pin it, clip it, or tie it on.
So which Halloween costumes can you use a cape with? Lots of em. Everybody important wears a cape. So let's take a look at all the great characters you can be on Halloween if you have a cool looking cape to wear.
31) Superman or Supergirl.
33) A magician.
34) Little Red Riding Hood.
35) A king or a queen.
36) Evel Knievel dare devil extraordinaire.
37) The devil.
38) Snow White or some such other olden day maiden.
39) Wizard, Batman, the Grim Reaper, or a Hobbit. (They are all hip to the hottest in ghoulish fashion).
40) A huntsman or knight. It is so easy to make a cape and it can go with so many different costumes.
Wait a Minute We Need Some Music
If You Have a Sheet Then You Have a Costume
41) A sheet makes a super cool ghost costume of course.
42) A toga. Just wrap it around you and pin it up on one side.
43) An angel. You can do it.
44) Cut your sheet in strips and be a mummy.
45) A black sheet with white bones painted on it is a skeleton.
46) A shepherd.
47) Jesus (all the really cool guys wore a sheet back then).
48) A spirit ( a little different than a ghost as you keep your face out and paint it white. Spray your hair white too.)
49) A zombie bride.
50) A big fluffy cloud. It's easy to make. Just cut a hole in the top of the sheet, cinch it in at the bottom, and fill it with balloons to puff you out. Leave quite a bit of extra room in your costume for the balloons to move around or don't expect to sit down too much.
How to Make a Mummy Costume. It's so Easy!
With a Helmet a Kid can Easily be a Construction Worker
Here are just a few more Halloween costume ideas for children.
Animals. There are hundreds of animal costumes to choose from. You can be a puppy, a kitten, a chicken, a rat, a bat, a tiger, a monkey, a bear, or a kangaroo. There are tons more so you check them and choose.
Fantasy Creature: A fairy, a gnome, a dragon, a unicorn, a yeti, or an elf. There are plenty of fantasy creatures to choose from too.
A cartoon character: There are tons of these. Casper the friendly ghost, Scooby Doo, Daffy duck, Elmer Fudd, or any one of the Simpsons, Shrek, Monsters Inc. There are lots more. You could also be a fairy tale character like Cinderella, a troll, the queen of hearts, Peter Pan, or Robin Hood.
A Mermaid Costume is Really Pretty Easy to Make Too!
You Can Also Find us on Our Facebook Page
I have been creating online articles since early 2007. Writing is my passion, my hobby, my work, and my play.
A big thank you to my grandson Jordan for posing for these photos.