Life can definitely be hectic at times but some individuals are much busier than others. We refer to these people as workaholics and they are the folks who work far more than their fair share. They often take their job home with them and even when they are relaxing at home their workplace is often still on their mind.
Workaholics are individuals who are generally the first to arrive at their work place and often the last to leave it in the evening. They are addicted to their job which is why a special day has been created specifically for them.
July 5th is National Workaholics Day. It is a unique holiday set aside for all the hard working heroes of the job site who go above and beyond in their work effort.
It is a chance for them to take a much deserved rest break. July 5th is a day for these hard working individuals to be recognized for their diligence to their jobs and family, but don't wait for it to roll around, take time to celebrate your achievements today.
It Can be Difficult to Get Away When There are Deadlines to Meet But We Would Love to See You Put Your Feet up and Relax
How does a workaholic celebrate Workaholics Day? Well usually he or she starts this special day off by going to work. If you are someone who spends far too many hours at your job then these 25 ways for you to celebrate on July 5th just may help you to slow things down a bit.
You have been more than stellar in your efforts to provide for yourself and your family so it is time to be rewarded for all your hard effort. Make this unique holiday your very own and celebrate by rewarding yourself with an extra special treat.
Celebrate Workaholics Day by taking the work day off. However we do understand that most of you won't so if you can't bear to tear yourself away from the job then please insure that your work day is just a little more special than it usually is. On July 5th treat yourself to something extra special.
There Are Ways to Treat Yourself Every Day of the Week
At times it can seem that the job takes precedence over everything else but there are ways to take a minute or two to relax and play. Can't get away from work then find ways to make the day work for you. You deserve a little recognition for your efforts so July 5th is a holiday specifically for you.
1. Sleep in and turn up at work late today.
2. Pick up coffee and a muffin on your way.
3. Take a taxi or limo to work instead of driving.
4. Order yourself in pizza on your lunch break.
5. Take an extra coffee break today.
Sometimes You Need to Sneak a Little Relaxation into Your Day
6. Take yourself out for lunch at a favorite restaurant.
7. Have a nice hot relaxing cup of tea at work.
8. Put an "Out of Service" sign on your desk for the day.
9. Wear your old comfy slippers at work today or better yet just stay in your pajamas for the day.
10. Order in a cake to help celebrate National Workaholics Day with everyone else in your office.
Celebrate Your Special Day With a Party - Reward Yourself
There are jobs that can be very stressful.
11. Throw an office party complete with balloons, games, and prizes.
12. Play Pin the tail on the boss with your work mates.
13. Bring a stereo to work with you and listen to your favorite music.
14.Order yourself a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to you at your work place on that day.
15. Pass a box of chocolates, donuts, or cookies around the office.
16. Go for a walk on your break.
17. Lighten your work load just a little and assign one project over to someone else in the office.
18. Take foot bath to work with you, and at some point during your day, soak your feet in nice hot salted water.
19. DO NOT WORK OVERTIME on Workaholics Day.
Have a Relaxing Workaholics Day You Deserve it
20. Leave work early.
21. Treat yourself to a relaxing spa treatment after work.
22. Take that weekend off and go on a mini vacation.
23. After work treat yourself to a fine meal at your favorite restaurant.
24. Have a romantic candlelight dinner with the one that you love on the evening of Workaholics Day.
25. Spend the evening relaxing in bed with a book that you have been wanting to read.
There are a lot of ways to reward yourself for working so diligently. Flip those work clothes off and pop into something a little more comfortable. Sit back and relax. Workaholics July 5th is your holiday. Take it easy today.
Lorelei Cohen and Coreena Berry are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to http://www.amazon.com/
Lorelei Cohen is also a participant in the Shareasale affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to SearsParts Direct, Dollar Tree, Spanx, Dover Publications, Wisconsin Made, Cricut, Weebly, Zazzle, KidsWatch, Deluxe Business Products, NameCheap, I See Me, Ten Thousand Villages, and My Pillow Pets.
Writing is my passion, my hobby, my work, and my play. I have been creating online articles since early 2007. All photographic and written works created online are protected by a DMCA copyright agreement.